TRAIL GROOMING UPDATE
The 2015-16 winter season winds to an end.
The Pagosa Nordic Club would like to send out a big thank you our Members and Sponsors for their financial support. Their assistance helps to offset the expenses associated with grooming trails that Pagosa Nordic maintains.
ALSO, we would like to recognize and thank our grooming partners for their hard work and grooming efforts this season:
- The Pagosa Ranger District
- The Wolf Creek Trail Blazer Snowmobile Club
- The Wolf Creek Ski Area and
- The Pagosa Nordic Club volunteers
Thank you for providing all those fun trails.
This is your final Pagosa Nordic grooming report for the season.
Spring CRUST SKIING is a fun way to enjoy the frozen landscape in the early morning. The warm temps during the day and below freezing temps at night provide a firm surface on the top of the snow allowing you to explore off of the groomed trail surface. Try it, it is a lot of fun.
Enjoy your summer and meet back here next fall for the 2016-17 winter season !
Fill out the online form and become a PNC Member today!
All membership fees are used for trail supplies, fuel, and other expenses associated with grooming trails.
The Pagosa Nordic Club serves as the local advocate for groomed X-C Ski Trails and you can find current X-C Ski Trail grooming reports, trail maps, activity and event schedules at PagosaNordic.Com.
Pagosa Nordic is a 501(c)(3) non profit, 100% volunteer organization with a mission “To enhance winter recreational opportunities in Pagosa Springs by maintaining accessible groomed winter trails for skate skiing, classic cross country skiing & snowshoeing for all ability levels and to encourage and promote the use of these winter trails through education, marketing and events.
Check this web page for updates.
Please contact us if you have any interest in becoming a PNC Groomer. It is fun and very rewarding! Call James at 970-946-5549 for more information.
- Wolf Creek Ski Area for letting us hold some of our events there and for grooming the lovely Alberta Nordic track throughout the season. This track is FREE to use!
- Pagosa Ranger District for grooming Coyote Hill and for assisting PNC with holding events in the national forest.
- Wolf Creek Trailblazers Snowmobile Club for their grooming efforts in the beautiful backcountry, and a big thank you for coordinating the grooming for the Plumtaw ULTRA.